To pause, to pray, to meditate in the midst of action is a radical act.
Are you willing to help us build a community that provides space for that radical act?
A community that models the power of sharing a profound powerful intentional silence in the face of catastrophe?
Can you help us create spaces that invite people to pause, and ground themselves back into the mystery of the possible …………………
We would love you to join in with our quiet but growing murmuration of hope.
After the success of the Vigil in Parliament Square in September 2020 and building on our shared experience of creating intentional contemplative spaces within spaces of protest we hope to be able to take the Earth Vigil to Glasgow for COP 26 and we would love to gather as many rebels as possible around this idea in order to make it happen.
- A small group from XR Faith Bridge have been attending the zoom meetings in preparation for COP covering both ‘Camino to COP’ and ‘Earth Vigil’ and so after a number of discussions about where, when, and how, an outline for the Glasgow Vigil has emerged……
- Glasgow Friends Meeting House has been booked for storage and daily ‘in person’ updates on vigil place and time.
- A daily vigil space to be created according to the events of the day, needs/focus of actions and protest.
- Vigil to start on day one of COP (Nov 1st) – explore the possibility of an opening event which could involve invited speakers.
- Vigil to close with a through the night candlelit presence on the final evening of the conference – establish if evening before final day (Thursday) or end of the final day (Friday)
- Vigil to have built in flexibility to allow for changes/events/capacity throughout the 12 days.
- Vigil to have a signal chat and some form of outreach (flyer/QR code)
- Use existing Faith Bridge Banners and logos.
- An online Vigil space to be developed and enabled by a parallel Faith Bridge Group
Some of those who will be involved in the Earth Vigil will be out of action for organising from September 5th onwards because of their commitment to Camino to COP.
How to get involved
email firstname.lastname@example.org for Glasgow Vigil.
email email@example.com for Online Vigil
Join our next Zoom Meeting at 6pm on Saturday July 17th https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85226408416?pwd=Zkh2Y1p0Tk15ZEFTL2pQekpNcFMyZz09
Posts and articles are the views of their authors and not necessarily of the XR Buddhists group.