“This vigil is beautiful in its simplicity and powerful in its intent – to come together as people from different faith communities and from all philosophies, and to sit together in our grief and our deep love for our planet.”
XR Buddhists in Cardiff are joining members of different faith groups from the 1st-4th of September, outside of Welsh Parliament, will hold vigil for our planet, whilst setting the intention for our government to act now against climate change. All are welcome, of all faiths and experience, we invite you to take your seat, breathe and sit with love and grief.
Where will we be?
- Join us on the steps of the Senydd building (Senydd Cymru – Welsh Parliament) in Cardiff Bay between 10am-6pm
- Welsh Parliament, Pierhead Street, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF99 1SN
- We will be holding signs with ‘Faith Vigil for the Earth’ and looking friendly!
- Any location changes will be announced in our telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/MupYARiviEBLlSKs-mzRew
How do I join in?
- You can sign up on the rota here: https://signup.zone/D9TjkAPed2LAPz6gc
- Or turn up on the day, no preparation needed!
- For live updates join our telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/MupYARiviEBLlSKs-mzRew
When is the Vigil?
- 1st-4th September, 10am-6pm each day.
- You can spend as much or as little time with us as you like. Take as many breaks as you need – there are lots of food shops and cafes nearby.
Will it be safe?
- This action is as non-arrestable as possible. We will not be blocking any roads, paths or causing disruption, we will be sitting outside of the Senydd building and do not expect to be moved on.
- We will also have a steward at all times to chat to the public, ensure social distancing and welcome anyone who joins us.
- We will have beautiful 2.5 metre ribbons between us for social distancing, as well as wearing masks. We will also have sanitiser.
Do I need to be part of XR Buddhists, Extinction Rebellion or faith group?
- No, this is open to all people, regardless of faith or group to sit in quiet solidarity with the earth.
What do I need to bring?
- You might want to bring something to sit on – a chair or cushion or blanket – suitable clothes (do check the weather for rain!) and something to drink and eat. Please wear a mask at all times. Also some hand sanitiser!
In love and grief, XR Buddhists Cardiff
Posts and articles are the views of their authors and not necessarily of the XR Buddhists group.